RE: How does people think of ecos's future compare to so m any existing RTOS? eg.RT-Linux, Embedded Linux, VxWorks, etc.. Welcome to discuss

I have been doing EMBEDDED development for eighteen years,
small scale and large scale, using anything from 'roll your own'
on 16 bit DSPs and MPUs to pSOS, vxWorks, Precise and QNX on x86,
680x0, ARM, (a little MIPs), MPC8xx, and MPC750.

Price and 'will it do the job' have certainly been at the fore
in decisions about the software development environment.
But ramp up and the existing knowledge pool among the available
headcount as well as new hires has always been part of the
analysis. Education and training for an unfamiliar OS cost hard
dollars as well as time to market.

I am well aware that pennies count. I have worked on modems.
If there is a commodity market, that is it.

That being said, I am a fan of eCos. Otherwise I wouldn't
bother making a reply. For small, deeply embedded systems,
eCos packs a lot of capability into a very small package.

Doug Fraser