Re: How does people think of ecos's future compare to so m any existing RTOS? eg.RT-Linux, Embedded Linux, VxWorks, etc.. Welcome to discuss

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 02:50:34PM +0100, Qiang Huang wrote:

> Time and cost for trainning the developer for the new OS is
> important for company, that's why some OS is popular while
> others not. this is just my own opinion.

I've been doing embedded work for 20 years, and we've always
chosen embedded OSes based on techinical merit and unit cost. I
don't remember ever worrying about training time (or toolchain
cost, for that matter).  I expect a competent embedded devloper
to be able to pick up a new toolchain and/or OS and be
productive without wasting too much time.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com