RE: How does people think of ecos's future compare to so m any existing RTOS? eg.RT-Linux, Embedded Linux, VxWorks, etc.. Welcome t o discuss

I must ask, if knowing an OS (or CPU) does not
matter, then why does every resume list the distinct
OSs and processors that the applicant had developed
on? All things being equal, choosing between two applicants,
would you choose the one that had prior experience in
eCos, or the one who didn't? (assuming you are using eCOs)

As I said before, I like eCos. If it had been more mature
for our needs two full years ago, we might be using it now,
but at the time it wasn't quite ready as far as stability
and features. We chose to use a commercial OS to leverage
the front end time, fully knowing it would cost us in unit
charges down the road. It was a technical and business decision.

We also chose an OS that nobody in the company had ever used.
It had the features we needed, it was available, and it worked.

Doug Fraser