LCD bit order on EP7212 under eCos

A bit off topic but I am hoping someone has knowledge on
the LCD controller in the Cirrus EP7212.  I have eCos up
on this and have been starting some development on the
LCD display.  I am running in the 1-bit mode, no gray
scale.  The bit order within a byte for the frame buffer
is not what I expected -  0x80 turns on the right most
pixel within a byte on the display and 0x01 turns on the
left most (bit reversed within each byte).

A year or so back I had LINUX on this same board and
I dont think this was the case (I am not positive and
it would be difficult to recreate the test).  I have done a
quick scan of the data sheet did not find anything. A
browse of the LINUX driver I used for this effort and nothing
jumped out at me...

Anyone know if it is possible to configure this part to
operate in the more normal mode?  If so how...

Peter Dennett                     Email: pdennett@padsoft.com
61 Harbor Lane                  Web:  www.padsoft.com
Kemah, TX 77565               Web: www.boatbrains.com
Voice: 281 334 3800         Cell: 713 899 6100