Re: Ecos IDE Driver/FileSystem

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 04:33, BN wrote:
> Thanks before on the IDE boot problem!
>
> Now, that being satisfied, is there any source/hints at IDE drivers and
> File system support in eCos itself.
>
> Specific FS isn't extremely important. Compact Flash has FAT12 wear
> leveling I guess.
>
> Our target platform is a PC motherboard.

CompactFlash cards are one of so called NAND flash devices, without any
additional logic except IDE in-there. Everything regarding flash
operation has to be done by SW (Real mode BIOS in Your case). There's
currently no support for NAND devices in the eCos generic Flash layer.

Only when that is done, it would be possible to build a block device and
a filesystem on the top of it. (could use JFFS2, that's already included
in eCos).

As far as I've heard, the standard filesystem for CompactFlash is FAT16
or in some cases FAT12.

Regards
iz