Re: Ecos IDE Driver/FileSystem

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 08:16, Iztok Zupet wrote:
> CompactFlash cards are one of so called NAND flash devices, without any
> additional logic except IDE in-there. Everything regarding flash
> operation has to be done by SW (Real mode BIOS in Your case). There's
> currently no support for NAND devices in the eCos generic Flash layer.
Sorry, misfire-:)
Those are indeed SmartMedia Cards. I guess You don't need the generic
flash support here, just a R/W IDE.

> Only when that is done, it would be possible to build a block device and
> a filesystem on the top of it. (could use JFFS2, that's already included
> in eCos).
Perhaps the block device could be cloned from RedBoot's ReadOnly IDE
support...

> As far as I've heard, the standard filesystem for CompactFlash is FAT16
> or in some cases FAT12.

As far as I remember, FAT16 support was already done by somebody on the
mailing list. You should check the archives and perhaps obtain it from
there.

iz