Re: eCosCentric's eCos v2

SASAKI@KOBELCO wrote:
Dear friends.

I was surprised to visit the website of eCosCentric.

They have carried the newest version of eCos v2.
I think their eCOS is newer than that of Red Hat CVS Tree.

> What is the difference between CVS Tree of Red Hat and
> snap shot of eCosCentric?

I think there's a little confusion here. eCos v2 has still not yet been released. Red Hat laid off the eCos team. All that team have now formed eCosCentric.

All the development now happens in the public repository at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos. Red Hat have their own eCos source tree which I guess is now out of date with respect to that. Their sources will not have most of the changes added since the team left Red Hat.

The members of eCosCentric all do development based on the public sources.redhat.com tree sources. Any customer work useful to others would probably be merged back into that tree (except for customer specific or confidential changes etc., but the GPL still applies in certain areas). The sources.redhat.com eCos sources are the master sources. If eCosCentric had its own repository for internal work, the sources.redhat.com eCos sources would still remain the master.

And ,is eCOS v2 due to be released from eCosCentric?
Nothing that can be called eCos v2 has yet been released. When it is released we want it to be a group effort from the net, but in all probability it is likely that eCosCentric will have the greatest burden since we make up the vast majority of the maintainers.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine