RE: 386 PC Rom Image

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 22:42, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 10:32, Edmund Troche wrote:

As for eCos, it would be nice if the APM and VESA bios support is still
there. VESA support can be needed for nice and easy Microwindows
FrameBuffer setup and APM for future (if ever done for the PC) eCos
power management.

But unfortunately, every motherboard is different to the other, and
sometimes seems impossible to obtain the chipset datasheet, if it's not
Intel or a new Via.

The simplest way to achieve something like that seems putting RedBoot
into some kind of BIOS extension and shortcutting the BIOS boot process
(i tried it with DiskOnChip on an Advantech SBC, it boots fast, but
seems impossible on CompactFlash)

iz