Memory access problem

Hi everyone,
   In the process of porting my ecos on a 8260 board, I cannot access memory map
registers anymore. Something I used to be able to do with the simulator. I get a
Segmentation Fault. My question is does eCos prohibit the access to the mapped
registers in threads ? If so, how should I access my registers ?

Thanks

Pascal