Re: question about at91 eb40

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 11:37:25AM +0200, Roman Jordan wrote:
> Hello,
> i am new to ecos. I want to compile the AT91 target. I use arm-elf-gcc at
> version 3.2. The ecos - tree is a new cvs-download (yesterday).
> I use the following commands.

Using gcc 3.x is not yet really recommenced. The second problem you
have will go away when you use the tool chain as recommended on
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-arm-elf.html.

The first problem is with the command used to run Linux from
RedBoot. I guess you don't need this, so edit the ecos.ecc and disable
CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_WITH_EXEC.

You don't need to repository in your home directory. We have one copy
installed globally. We also have global ecos-work trees which we all
share. That way all the developers know they are using the same
configuration of eCos. If anybody needs there own specific
configuration they can build there own work trees themselves locally,
using the global repository. If we want to do development work inside
eCos, as opposed to using the API, i then use the ability to put
source code inside the work tree which overrides the code in the
repository.

        Andrew