Re: Re: Bug in crc32 routine?

> There's really no need to worry about keeping this the way it was.
> I have no problem with code reuse or even "breaking" an existing
> installation - the CRC's used by FIS are advisory only.  So, if we
> can fix it and/or let RedBoot use a common routine, all the better.

That makes things a lot easier.

> Maybe we can come up with a way to only have one (or at least fewer)
> CRC routine which is can be compatible with all of the existing uses.
> Note that this might not be 100% possible - I seem to recall that the
> "crc" calculations used by X-modem are broken [for everyone in the
> world], but we would need to preserve that for compatibility.

The xyz code only uses a 16bit CRC, so thats not really a problem.

Plan of action:

     Apply patch
     Change the zlib package to use cyg_crc32
     Change the KS32C5000 package to use cyg_crc32
     Search the source tree for any other hidden CRC algorithms.
     Commit and ask to people to test it.

Comments?

        Andrew