Re: eCos Build Output

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 19:22, Jay Foster wrote:
> Christine Yusingco wrote:
>
> Hi, Im building ecos using ecosconfig. The build finished without errors,
> but there was no output. The ./install directory did not contain a bin
> subdirectory. Im totally at a loss, please help. regards, Christine
>
> I am trying to build the eCos RAM (.elf file) image.  I am able to
> successfully build the RAM and ROM versions of RedBoot, but not either for
> eCos.  I am having the same problem as Christine (no bin directory).  I
> searched the archive for this mailing list, but did not find a post
> describing the resolution of this problem.  Please help.

Except for the special case of RedBoot, a simple build of the
eCos kernel does not build any application - only the libraries.
To build an actual application, try looking at the "examples"
directory.  Alternatively, you can build our standard tests,
using 'make tests'.  These will end up in the "install/tests/..."
directory.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |