error in memchr in compiling eCOS for assabet

Hi !  I am new to eCOS and I am building eCOS for the
Intel StrongARM assabet.

I tried to configure eCOS using the following
commands:
# ecosconfig new assabet net
# ecosconfig tree
# make

afterwards it generated the following errors:

arm-elf-gcc -c ....
/* the error occurs here */
'void* memchr(const void*, int, long unsigned int)'
defined both normally and as an alias
make[1]: *** ]src/memchr.o.d] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/ecoscvs/ecos-work/ecosnet/language/c/libc/string/current'
make: *** [build] Error 2

how can I solve this problem ?  please help me.
thanks in advance.

mildred