Re: Download a RedBoot on AT91

I have a relatively current CVS tree for building eCos
code now for the EB40 target. I'm also in the same
boat as far as the EB55. Just received mine yesterday
in the mail and want to get redboot/tests going on it.

Can I expect the patches to work with the current CVS
or do I need a certain CVS date to apply the patches
to first?

If I understand correctly:

1) Apply AT49xxxx flash patch
2) Apply EB40A target patch
This splits apart the EB40, EB40A and AT91 code ???
3) Make a EB55 target simular to EB40 and EB40A
targets by modifying the appropriate directories and
files for the EB55, ie ecos.db the *mlt *ldi files etc.

Is this the gist of it?

I guess the next thing to do is read the porting guide
and just dive into it.

Greg

>Christophe Part wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am new on redboot and ecos.
>> I have an AT91EB55 board.
>> I try to download the redboot ram elf file on my
board but it always stop.

>Are you certain the RAM is located in the same
place?  What about
>the clock speed param?  Reset vector?  Look at the
hal_platform_setup.h
>file and you'll probably find a few params that need
to be changed.

>Someone else on the list has recently asked about the
eb55.  Your best
>bet is to download Thomas's patches that convert the
hal/arm/at91
>tree into a more sane structure, then my patch for
the eb40a.  Then
>simply looking at what files reside in the specific
eb40 and eb40a
>subdirectories, you'll figure out which files the
eb55 will probably
>need to edited.  Then look at the ecos.db file
itself - there will
>be a few entries in there for the eb40 and eb40a.
Just copy those,
>rename them to eb55, and edit to match the eb55 setup.
>
>-tim

Greg