Re: Download a RedBoot on AT91

GREGHOL@sbcglobal.net wrote:
I have a relatively current CVS tree for building eCos code now for the EB40 target. I'm also in the same boat as far as the EB55. Just received mine yesterday in the mail and want to get redboot/tests going on it.
Can I expect the patches to work with the current CVS or do I need a certain CVS date to apply the patches to first?

If I understand correctly:

1) Apply AT49xxxx flash patch
2) Apply EB40A target patch
This splits apart the EB40, EB40A and AT91 code ???
3) Make a EB55 target simular to EB40 and EB40A targets by modifying the appropriate directories and files for the EB55, ie ecos.db the *mlt *ldi files etc.

Is this the gist of it?
Not quite.  You have to install Thomas' patch first. see:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-07/msg00338.html
Note that in step 2 I say the elf images are not runnable -
this is not true. They work fine.

-tim