Re: ARM AT91EB63 port

Ryan Press wrote:
I'm starting to port the EB40 HAL to the EB63 development board and I was
wondering if anyone else has worked on this already.  I was planning on
creating another subdirectory i.e. "at91eb63" rather than using IFDEFs and
modifying the existing AT91 HAL because of all the references to "EB40" in
the existing port.  Does this sound okay?  Or should I modify the AT91
port?
In my opinion, you should get Thomas Koeller's patch for that at91 hal
and apply that first.  This will rearrange the hal/arm/at91 subdirectory
with a var/ (common) and eb40/ subdirectories.  Then apply my patch
which corrects a couple small issues with Thomas' patch and creates
an eb40a/ subdirectory.  Then look at the eb40/ and eb40a/ ports and
determine how they vary from the eb63.  Make the appropriate
changes (memory layout, chip selects, clock speed) to the source
files.  Then update ecos.db and copy/paste the eb40 sections for the
eb55.

For those wanting to port the eb55, you can do the same thing.  The
whole process should take only a couple hours.

Patches can be found in the ecos-patches mailing list archive.  See
also this post:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-07/msg00338.html

-tim