Serial port configuration

Hi,

Can anyone give me an advice on how to configure the use of my serial
ports. The problem is that i only have one serial port (smc1) available
on my mpc823e and i want to use it both for diag_printf and printf. Is
that possible? Currently i am using the quicc_smc1 serial driver which
is only a polled device but now i want to use the interrupt driven
driver.

How shall i setup the configtool for this? I tried a lot of different
combination but i cant get it working. My option right now are:

Device name for powerpc quicc/smc port 1		"/dev/ser1"

HAL/diag serial device driver - consol name	"/dev/tty1"
TTY mode channel 0 device (based on)		"/dev/ser1"
ISO C - consol name					"/dev/ser1"

With the above settings i dont get any printfout from either diag_printf
or printf. However, i can find "dev/ser1" with lookup and then use the
command "write" to access it - which proves that it acually exists and
works.

Regards, Daniel