Re: Still on ethernet configuration

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 14:33, Cristiano Pereira wrote:
> I'm loading it through Redboot and debugging through the serial port
> using gdb. But I'm basically debugging through diag_printf messages and not
> step by step.
>
> Cristiano.
>
> > > You were right. That was such a silly mistake. Thanks. But now I have
> > > another proble (this is endless :( ...). init_net never returns. It
> > > seems to get stuck at this piece of code:
> > >
> > >     // Must do this temporarily with default route and netmask so that
> > >     // [sub]netmask can be set.
> > >     strcpy(ifr.ifr_name, intf);
> > >
> > >     if (ioctl(s, SIOCSIFADDR, &ifr)) {
> > >         perror("SIOCIFADDR");
> > >         return false;
> > >     }
> > >
> > > looks like ioctl never returns. Does anybody faced the same problem
> >before?
> >
> >One question (which I don't recall having been asked): how are
> >you trying to run/debug this code?

Good.  I mostly wanted to know if you were trying to debug
this over the network.

You should be able to step through the ioctl() call and
see where it hangs up.  This particular call doesn't do
anything spectacular - it just sets some database fields.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |