Re: Still on ethernet configuration

I guess we have different versions of the code then. The one I'm using a little older than the you are using. My code
compiles prefectly and my build_bootp_record function has got only 6 parameters and not 7. It does not have the
"eth" one.

Should I update to the latest code then?

Cristiano.

> Here is my whole code (it's quite small but has been giving me big
> headache):

Did you actually compile this code?  It has errors in it that won't
even compile here.

  <snip>

>   build_bootp_record(&bootp_info,
>     "128.195.11.220",
>     "255.255.255.0",
>     "128.195.11.255",
>     "128.195.11.1",
>     "");

This call is incorrect - it needs 7 parameters, like this:
  build_bootp_record(&bootp_info,
                     "eth0",
                     "192.128.1.31",
                     "255.255.255.0",
                     "192.168.1.255",
                     "0.0.0.0",
                     "0.0.0.0"
                     );

Another useful thing to do is print what was created:

  show_bootp("eth0", &bootp_info);

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |