ROM and hardware vectors for ARM.

It is our inpression that in order to be able to debug an application on an
ARM-target, the ROM-redboot must

1. Boot from adr 0x0 and initialize the CPU/Memory
2. Remap the system so that the boot ROM is removed from addr. 0x0 and
replaced by RAM.
3. Interrupt vectors is then initialized in this new RAM at addr. 0x0

What can we do if we do not have the possibility of remapping (swapping
ROM/RAM addresses)?

The secondary vector table is located in the vectors section ( 0x20 up). Can
this table without too much fuss be moved to RAM instead (f.ex. into the
fixed vectors section)? This would ofcourse mean that we have to initialize
these RAM locations with the correct pointers, but it would mean that these
vector pointers could be located anywhere in the memory space, hense
removing the need for hardware remapping logic.

Are there other problems, which we have not identified?

Best Regards
Erik Aa. Knudsen
Project Engineer,
Software Engineer, M.Sc.