Re: EB40/AT91 and EB40A Patches

Greg, you will probably only run into this problem when patching ecos.db
since that file is constantly getting patched.  Ecos.db is arranged as
many small blocks of ~8 lines and it is very easy to merge changes by
hand.  It should be a fairly easy exercise to install the patches
manually be changing/inserting the new blocks that pertain to the at91,
eb40, eb40a, and eb40a flash driver.

The bulk of the patches work on the hal/arm/at91 directory structure
which, IIRC, Thomas' patch completely re-writes.  Then my patch patches
his patch :)

Hopefully we'll be seeing all these at91 patches worked back into cvs
soon.

-tim

Greg Holdren wrote:

Im trying to apply the patches to split the AT91 and EB40 sources out and Im
running into errors in the process.
Im using a 10-14-02 snapshot of the CVS. I tried to apply Thomas's patch to
the ecos.db file with out errors.

This is what Im doing: patch -p0 < this is in
...packages/hal

It reports bad hunks or lines not found for some reason. Is there any
different syntax that I need to use for patch?
I ended up doing it by hand and then untaring Thomas's tar file for the at91
directory.

Applied Tim Drury's at91.patch and it complains also line number and file
names not found. I stopped here.

Something is wrong. Does it matter what CVS version is used? Any tip based I
what I said? Starting points?

TNX
Greg Holdren