RE: Ethernet & serial problem

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 08:44, Daniel Lidsten wrote:
> I have checked some thing that might interfere with each other:
>
> * TxBD and RxBD -> They are corretly setup both for serial and ethernet. Serial 2800 and 2820, eth 2840 and 2850.
> * In my main i do init_all_network and then a while(1). The ethernet ISR are then called when running quite regulary. However, the board cannot be reach with a ping.

This is most likely the problem.  The thread that's running "while(1)"
is probably not letting the network threads run.  (They normally have
fairly low priorities).  Try something like this:
  while (1) {
    cyg_thread_delay(100);
  }

> * The serial driver are called first and it makes me woundering my the ethernet driver doesnt work since i should re-set some values it they were set wrongly be the serial driver.
>
> What else should i check?
>
> /Daniel
>
> >> When i enable the serial port (SMC1) on my MPC823 then ethernet (SCC2)
> >> stops working. I have looked for registers and pins that are the same
> >> but cant find any. Any ideas?
> >
> >You might check to see if the ethernet code is somehow interfering with the interrupts being used by the serial port (or vice versa).
> >
> >We have certainly run such a combo here on the MPC860 (MBX board), using SMC1 and SCC1 for ethernet.
Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |