Re: To Ryan Press

> hello Ryan
> I am doing the ecos in eb 55 as well.
> I just wonder that if you can give me some help?
>
> Where can i find the patch and how is your work in eb63??
>
> Are you using the windows or unix to import ecos to eb63??
>
> Just can u send anything u have done to me, such like the patch or
> anything and we can discuss??
>

> Many thanks!
>
> Chia-yu

I am porting to the EB63 dev board.  I basically had to change the memory
addresses in the include files and add turn the clocks on in the PMC
(Power Management Controller).

Do you refer to the patches for the eb40?  Look in the archives on the
ecos-patches list, there aren't many messages there.

I am using Cygwin under WinXP.  It works great, surprisingly!  I have
compiled all the tools, GCC 3.2, Insight 5.2 and also the latest Binutils.
 The problem with eCos and GCC 3.2 is simply a matter of the aliases, and
I was able to patch LIBC to make it work.  But I haven't yet run all the
tests...

Keep looking here, when I am done testing I will post my results and
hopefully it will go into the CVS.  It seems the EB40/EB40a patches are
taking a while to get into CVS, as one of the patches I downloaded was
dated in June.  Why has it taken so long?  I am beginning to wonder if I
should modify the EB40 ports to support my changes with the EB63.  I
understand it can be difficult/impossible for the maintainer to inspect
the code if he/she doesn't have the target hardware.

Ryan