Re: edb7xxx patches

Jani Monoses wrote:
I have some fixes/cleanups related to the edb7xxx boards
Any chances for these to be accepted?I ask because I know
it's an obsolete platform and some of these I already sent to ecos-patches generated no response.So before cleaning these up and adding
boring Changelogs :) I thought I ask the maintainers.
Obsolete platforms are not a problem. And all patches on ecos-patches will be taken care of eventually. I've done a few recently, and am currently looking at the mammoth AT91 stuff.

-fix flash size on EDB7211
-add linux exec support
-support the CDB89712 board (rev A)
-use generic intel flash driver for these boards

Also if lacking of test boards is one of the reasons for not
commenting on such patches I suggest that when the ecos website is updated
a page should be set up with contacts for people having specific setups
and willing to test.So if people have non-obvious fixes they can approach
one of these volunteers to double check and then send the fix to the maintainers.
All patches are reviewed by hand, frequently line by line. Whether or not the reviewer has hardware. These days it's less likely we'll have hardware and we do have to take some of the things the contributor says on trust.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine