Re: Insight over network for E7T

> > I've build Redboot with networking enabled for the E7T.
> > Using Insight I can download, run and debug applications
> > through the serial port with no problems.
> >
> > However, when I use the network port rather than the serial
> > port, things don't work as well.  Insight connects to the target,
> > downloads the code and then starts to run it.  The
> > cyg_user_start() function runs correctly, but when that exits
> > and the Cyg_Scheduler::start() function is called everything
> > locks up.
>
> That's when interrupts get enabled, if that helps. What are you expecting
> to see? Have you tried setting a breakpoint somewhere in a thread that's
> being run? Do you definitely *have* threads linked into your downloaded
> app? Are they cyg_thread_resume()'d?
>
> Jifl

I am expecting to see is the application run in the same way it does when
I use a serial connection between the debugger and the target.  Yes, I do
have threads linked into the download app.

After further investigation, I have some more detail:

I am seeing an 'Ethernet Controller BDMA Rx Interrupt' every 1.052ms
once the application re-enables the interrupts.
It looks like the interrupt is never being handled, so it just re-appears
as soon as the application's interrupt handler is exited.  If I mask this
interrupt in the handler routine, then the application runs correctly -
though the debugger obviously doesn't work.

So, should the GDB stubs in Redboot be handling the Ethernet interrupts
once the application is running? (The application has no network
functionality included).  The documentation only seems to talk about using
GDB stubs with a serial port.

Which of the ARM targets supports debugging via the ethernet port?
(I guess the E7T doesn't since it doesn't have a working ethernet port by
default)  It could/should help me understand how things work if I look
at a working example of the code.

Thanks,
Chris