Re: question about red-boot!!

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 00:10, Roy Chung wrote:
> I have put the red-boot binary file which is for intel lubbock platform
> into my own circuit board for xscale,but the following error message,can
> anyone help me?
>
> thx a  lot
> ARM eCos
>
> RedBoot(tm) debug environment - built 15:49:04, Mar 27 2002
> Platform: Intel(R) DBPXA250 Development Platform RedBoot* Debug Monitor ()
> Copyright (C) 2000, Red Hat, Inc.
>
> RAM: 0xa0000000-0xa4000000
> Can't identify FLASH, sorry
> FLASH: driver init failed!, status: 8
> LAN91C96: Unable to detect device - upper 8 bits = 2020
> Can't get BOOTP info - network disabled!

The "devil is in the details."  Your board is probably close
to the Lubbock reference design, but somehow different.  eCos
and RedBoot are tuned (configured) to a single environment
and thus the Lubbock version won't match your hardware.

Not knowing anything about your device, I'd say that you
should be making a separate port of eCos to support it.
You may need different FLASH or ethernet drivers (or both), etc.

Details on how to do this can be found at:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/index.html

Alternatively, professional porting and support help can be
obtained from various sources - just ask.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |