Re: eCos Flash Driver Configuration

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 03:12:52PM -0700, Jay Foster wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to specify the flash driver for an eCos
> configuration.  I did this for RedBoot by adding lines to the RedBoot ecm
> template file such as these:
>
>   package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_WINBOND_W29EEXXX current ;
>   package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_ARM_SNDS current ;
>
> However, there doesn't seem to be any ecm template file for the eCos
> library.  The config tool won't let me add them (it replies that hardware is
> added by specifying a different template).

There are two ways to do this:

1) use ecosconfig. Its less strict so allows you to add packages which
   the GUI tool says are not allowed in a configuration.

2) Edit the ecos.db file. For your target device, there will be an
   entry like this one:

target ebsa285 {
        alias { "Intel EBSA285 StrongARM board" ebsa }
        packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
                   CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EBSA285
                   CYGPKG_IO_PCI
                   CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EBSA285
                   CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559
                   CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_EBSA285
                   CYGPKG_DEVICES_WATCHDOG_ARM_EBSA285
                   CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_EBSA285
        }
        description "
        The ebsa285 target provides the packages needed to run
        eCos on an Intel EBSA285 StrongARM board."
}

Add the two flash packages you need. Your flash will then be in all
configurations you make for the target, unless you explicitly disable
it.

        Andrew