Load arbitrary code on iPaq using RedBoot?

Hi All,

Please forgive what is probably a stupid question from a newbie. I'm wanting to run some arbitrary code on the "bare metal" of an iPaq 3600 series, and would like to use RedBoot to load and execute it.

How easy is this likely to be? Could I load the code on the device via serial (xmodem), and execute it using the exec command? Can I write C code using arm-elf-gcc so the entry point works with this method?

I've already got RedBoot flashed on the iPaq, and have tried compiling, loading and executing simple programs to no avail.

I may have to give up and write the code on top of eCos. :-)

Thanks,
Jon