Re: ecos / rtems

Carlton Haycock wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a comparison that has been done
> between RTEMS and ECOS. On the surface and from reading the docs, they
> both seem to be fairly comparable. I was wondering about things such
> as ongoing development,

Plenty of traffic on ecos-patches.

> ease of use of the build environment,

Suck it and see.

> available documentation,

I think eCos's "getting started" docs could be better, but then I thought the same about RTEMS.

> and other misc. usability issues.

ecos-discuss is pretty busy - a lot of active usage and a big community. If you have problems, there's a lot of people that can help... and there are commercial companies providing eCos support too.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine