From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
To: Michael Anburaj <embeddedeng@hotmail.com>
CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] mipsisa32-elf-gcc is not able to find the std headers
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:48:42 +0100

Michael Anburaj wrote:
Hi,

I recently downloaded the CYGWIN-X-MIPSISA32-ELF.zip from mips.com & installed it on my Win98.

Added the following lines in the Autoexe.bat:

SET PROOT=C:\mips3264-020217
SET PATH=%PROOT%\H-i686-pc-cygwin\BIN;%PATH%
SET INFOPATH=%PROOT%\info
REM Set TMPDIR to point to a ramdisk if you have one
SET TMPDIR=%PROOT%

Rebooted my system & tried building a sample .c file. I am getting the following compiler error,because it is not able to find the standard header files.

stdio.h: No such file or directory
string.h: No such file or directory
eCos doesn't use the headers that come with the compiler anyway. Use -I<installdir>/include as described in the Getting Started manual.

If your question is unrelated to eCos and you do want to use the headers with the compiler (i.e. the newlib C library), then mail me off list with the exact command line you are using and what the output of the command is when you also add the option "-v", e.g. mipsisa32-elf-gcc -c hello.c -v

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine