Re: Detect if scheduler locked?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 04:44:53AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> > Now I've got a customer who is calling this routine with the scheduler
> > locked (in order to prevent other tasks from attempting to read the flash
> > while it's busy, I presume).
>
> I hope that it doesn't need the flash to process interrupts as otherwise
> that could be an issue too.

None of the drivers or HAL functions I provided access flash. I'm pretty
sure none of them have been modified.  I've told him that while the flash is
busy being erased or written, none of the sectors can be read.  He knows how
long it takes for an erase command (300+ milliseconds).  I've told him that
drivers (network, serial, etc.) will all stop working while he has the
scheduler locked.

But, I've no control over how he designs his application, and have never
seen any of the source code.  He asked that the flash write routine be
modified so that it works with the scheduler locked, so that's what I did.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com