Re: downloading of application in assabet

On Thursday 24 October 2002 05:52, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Mildred Frisco wrote:
> > i'm using the graphical tool insight.  i also tried to download some test
> > programs such as thread_gdb and thread2, produced in the test build.  the
> > same error also appeared.
>
> Yeah, I know this one. In Insight, go to File->Target Settings, and make
> sure the settings are correct and click ok. Even if Insight knows what the
> default value of the settings should be, you still have to go to
> File->Target Settings first!

IMPORTANT: if You happen to have an Insight with EXEC listed among the
targets, that means it was originally built for arm-linux target. That one
works only with linux gdbserver as the remote target, not with RedBoot or GDB
stubs.

You must rebuild Your Insight with --target=arm-elf,  that should correct the
problem.

And: when running eCos applications with Insight, be sure to keep the Insight
console window open, because all the diagnostic output is by default
redirected to the GDB console. Not having the console window open causes the
Insight to loose connection with the target after the first diag_printf
happens.

Regards
iz