Re: Maximum number of TCP connections

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:01:10PM +0200, llandre wrote:
> I did not understand if it is possibile and how to set the maximum number
> of TCP connections acceptable by the stack.
> From this point of view, are there differences between the two stacks
> (OpenBSD and FreeBSD)?

Each socket needs a file descriptor. There are two things you need to
configure:

CYGPKG_IO_NFILE
CYGNUM_FILEIO_NFD

By default these are 16, so you have a maximum of 16 open sockets and
files.

Both stacks come from the Unix world, so the stacks themselves should
have no practical limit. Memory is probably you limitation.

     Andrew