Re: objcopy error in redboot makefile

> Henri wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I get the following error with ecos v 2  and not with an earlier version
>> from feb 2002. A successful version of Redboot was produced with the older
>> version of ecos and config tool . The recent version of ecos 2.0 (this
>> month) and configtool 2.11 produce the objcopy error.
>>
>> Any hints of what to look for ???

> Weird. It isn't even changing format - it's just ELF to ELF. Can you do a
> "mipsisa32-elf-objdump -h redboot.elf" ?

> And can you show the relevant bit of the map file? And which target is it
> so we can look at the MLT files?

I ran into this with malta a while back, but didn't have time to pursue
it all the way. IIRC, it was looking like a toolchain issue triggered by
one of the sections growing past a certain boundary/alignment. I think I
just removed DNS or some other package to get the footprint below the
threshold so that objcopy would work.

--Mark