From: Iztok Zupet [mailto:iztok.zupet@vsr.si]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 8:24 PM
To: Mildred Frisco
Cc: 'eCos Discussion'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] downloading of application in assabet

On Thursday 24 October 2002 11:27, Mildred Frisco wrote:
> I found out there's something wrong with the gdb tool.  How do I check if
> the serial connection is working ?

Perhaps You can tie two Linux boxes together with a null nodem cable and run
gdbserver on one, that simulates the target. Your arm-elf-gdb should be able
to connect to the remote (gdbserver in this case) immediatly. But in the
case
of gdbserver, the download doesn't work, only run works.

If Your target runs RedBoot, You should be able to communicate with it using
minicom on Linux or Hyperterminal on Win.

Regards
iz