Re: Is it possible to convert *.out file to *.srec file?

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 03:11:55PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 02:09:17PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> >

> >>Yes. You could specify -o foo on the command line and it would create the
> >>file as "foo" instead of a.out.
> >

> > Except under Cygwin, where specifying "-o foo" creates foo.exe.
> > IMO, this is a bug in the linker.  [The end result is that the
> > makefiles I use under Linux don't work under Cygwin.]
>
> I think they "fixed" that now in more recent GCC when cross compiling.

Could be (IIRC, I ran into the problem with ld rather than
gcc).

I hear that GCC 3.x now ignores carriage returns in source
files in a useful manner.  That was a long time coming and
could have save me hours of time spent troubleshooting cutomer
problems over the phone.  :)

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com