Re: Re: HAL_PLATFORM_RESET

Just to wrap up this thread, here's what I did:

#define HAL_PLATFORM_RESET() 	goto *HAL_PLATFORM_RESET_ENTRY;
#define HAL_PLATFORM_RESET_ENTRY 0x02000000

The HAL_PLATFORM_RESET_ENTRY was already there, I did not have
to add it.  However, it was defined as 0x01000000 which may be
correct for redboot_rom but not ram or romram.

This brings me back to one of the first posts I made to this
list when porting the eb40a.  There doesn't seem to be a unified,
single way of using very important addresses like start of
flash, ram, and memory sizes which are defined in the pkgconf/
mlt_xxx.ldi files.  Until I get more familiar with ecos and
the build process, I can't figure out how to do this, but what
I'd _really_ like to see is a way to declare the platform
memory map and be able to reference it from .ldi, .h, .c, .cpp,
and .S and insure those addresses are declared once and only once.

Thanks all for your help.  If anyone is interested I'm almost
finished creating a automated test script that will run through
all the test cases and log the results to a file, then print
a summary.  IIRC, the windows version of the config tool can
do this, but I wanted a text-based version running on linux.  I'm
using java's build tool, ant, (http://jakarta.apache.org/ant) to
build ecos, redboot, the ecos tests, then run the tests on the
target. Having written java for the past 2 or 3 years, I've gotten
spoiled with its tools.  Ant blows makefiles away.

-tim