Re: eCos build problem - wrong path for repository

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 06:21:54AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
[...]
> > (b) what is the schedule to move 2.0 to beta and stable releases ?
>
> Schedule? None now. It's more a case of "X, Y, and Z need to be done
> first". That includes the patch backlog, website overhaul, and severe
> rewriting of big chunks of docs. And we've now lost a lot of the release
> infrastructure that was in place in Red Hat and we'd expected to use and
> that will need to be recreated.

Is there help we (or other interested parties) can offer ? Maybe some
of the work/servers/infrastructure/cost centers can be spread over different
parties to reach the result faster and spread the workload/cost ?

When the core CVS servers are not longer at Red Hat, we really need to
reconsider the Copyright Assignment to Red Hat. I would not be happy if Red Hat
sold the Copyright e.g. to a vendor of Closed Source OS's which could then
include it into a proprietary product without payback to the contributions
from the community that has now formed outside of Red Hat. We figured out
before that the current licensing scheme would legally allow this to Red Hat.

> And then there's the QA of the sources,
> for which we'll now need substantial net input (there's no point starting
> this effort till the previous bits are done really, otherwise the source
> base will have moved on).
>
> Won't be this year, put it like that.

Thanks for the update. It helped me understanding the versioning strategy
better.

Peter