Re: Protecting RedBoot in the field

On a related note, many flash devices have a sector protect facility
to prevent modification of whole devices and/or critical segments. I
know of at least two applications in the aeronautical field that had
been corrupted due to wild electrostatic conditions induced at take
off - putting the write/erase patterns onto the bus. These were a
few years ago & perhaps shielding/EMC awareness has improved, but
it is worth remembering even that it is not only loosers that can be
hostile.

 Daniel