Re: Bewildered.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:51:57AM -0500, Warren Postma wrote:
> I'm getting a little bewildered trying to get going on eCos on a BSE
> nanoEngine (strongArm). I have a few general-level questions about which way
> I should go.
>
> 1.  Which version of eCos should I be using? Should I stick with 1.3.1 or
> should I get latest CVS stuff?

Always the latest CVS. 1.3.1 is more than two years old now....

> 2. If I go with the latest cvs stuff, should I bother with the GUI
> configuration kernel tool or just go command line to get a gdb stub built?

Personal choice. I dislike GUIs in general and find the command line
tools easy to use.

> 3. Is my first goal to get a gdb stub working? What would I be trying to
> build first?

This is a supported platform as far as i know.

So, first you probably need to build the CLI tools, ecosconfig.

Then build redboot. The documentation in CVS include this board. Have
a look at http://www.vsr.si/ecos to see the documentation in html or
pdf format. Section IX.

    Andrew