simultaneous socket write/close causes panic?

[using a eCos and network snapshot from Jan 2001]

A customer has reported to me that simultaneously writing and
closing a socket causes the system to crash with the message
"PANIC: sbflush".  I believe that this error was caused by
having one thread close a socket while another thread is
writing data to the socket. He's modified his application to
avoid conflicting write/close calls.

I haven't been able to find any mention of this problem in the
mailing list archives...

Is this a known issue?

Is it something worth trying to fix, or is the answer simply
"don't do that".

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com