To NavEcos

Hi NavEcos

Thanx a lot for ur response.
I was able to solve the problem. ( and I did not have to use an oscilloscope . ha ha)
But Thanx again

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 NavEcos wrote :
On Saturday 26 October 2002 09:12 pm, Vikram Mehta wrote:
> Hi NavEcos
>
> the baudrate I am using is 38400. THis is mentioned in the
> Docmentations.Earlier I had tried at 9600 which is what I have
> been using.
> What baudrate shud I be using
> And u have talked abt the cable connection. Kindly specify what
> type of Cable connection I should use.
> I am using the Cable sent along E7t. The cable specificaton given
> along is
> "signal ground, Rx, and Tx. Rx, and Tx not crossed over
> (that is, it must be a straight-through cable). "

I am no expert, but from what it sounds like you either have a bad cable or
the wrong baudrate. I would simply try other baud rates with reboots in
between.

I once had a case where a serial cable failed to work in my laptop when the
laptop was running off from the battery. Same sort of results. With the
wrong baud rate you'll get garbage characters, and with a cable that has a
high impedance the same sort of thing can happen.

Of course, this may not be the problem at all, it's very difficult to debug a
problem when you're not there, and I'm not. If it were me, I'd hook up an
oscilloscope if I had to and debug by reading the bits. I'd also recompile
the redboot code and make a modification to spit out a single character
repeatedly.

-Rich