Re: simultaneous socket write/close causes panic?

Hi Nick,

Looks like we have one more person involved with eCos
on multiprocessors. else how could one have
*simultaneous* closing and writing to a socket?

> simultaneously writing and
> with the message
> was caused by
> thread is

> > > b) If it could be reproduced with the new stack,
> it might be
> > >    worth looking at.  Otherwise, goto "a"
Gary, it looks like one of the not-so-often case of
synchronisation (unwanted though) b/w two actually
parallely executing threads, that is not guaranteed to
be reproduced easily. If it was so many such reports
would have come on list in past.
I think, we can look into code of socket close and
write calls (suspects as per the text of original
mail) and evaluate if any concerned data structure is
likely to be messed up because of
by-some-rare-coincidence the two calls for same socket
happens to be taking place simultaneously. You have
the final say in whether it the effort is worth it or
not, as you are the expert.

brij