Re: ecos vmWare

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 10:55, Vijai Krishnamurthy wrote:
> I'm trying to boot Redboot in VmWare on Win NT.
>
> I followed all the instructions as in
> http://www.vsr.si/ecos/patches/vmWare-net.html.
>
> I did overcome the first "NOT IMPLEMENTED" error by removing all IDEs from
> the vm as instructed
> in the above web-page. But I ended up with a second vmWare crash with
> another "NOT IMPLEMENTED" panic.
>
> Has anyone tried this on Win NT vmWare?? Is the problem, I'm facing,
> something specific to windows vmWare??

The reason could be in the Host OS diffrence or simply in VMware version. I
tested RedBoot end the eCos kernel and networking only on VMware 3.0 and 3.1
version for Linux. The Guest OS type in the VM was always set to "other".

Can You try to boot one of the prebuilt RedBoot floppies from the above URL
and see if the VM panics?

You can try to remove the serial and network devices one by one from the VM
and see if it panics. The NOT IMPLEMENTED features of wmWare are mostly CPU
and IO related.

Regards
Iztok