Re: How to load Kernel from JFFS2-Partition with RedBoot

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 05:47, Thomas Rudolph wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I boot a Linux-Kernel stored in a JFFS2-Partition?
>
> For now I don't care about how to get the JFFS2-Partition formattet and how to copy the Image to it,
> let's assume it's already there.I only want to read the Image from the Partition and start it into
> RAM.
>
> I know there is an extension package 'JFFS2' for ecos, but (how?) can I include it into Redboot and
> how
> can I tell Redboot to load an Image from JFFS2-Partition (where the Image is splittet into several
> JFFS2-specific blocks and cannot be loaded linear from a starting address like normally) ?

Currently this support is not suitable (ready) for RedBoot.
It is on the top of our list of things to be done though!

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |