Re: eCos on NET+50

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 01:35:42PM +0200, Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 04:59:35AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> > Olaf Peters wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I sucessfully and happily run eCos on an AMD-520 processor. Now I need
> > > some OS+TCP/IP for a custom NET+ARM board (the NET+50 processor from
> > > NetSilicon). In the latest CVS snapshot it seems not supported, are
> > > there any patches available somewhere?
> >
> > There are enough ARM7 ports around it shouldn't be that mammoth a task.
> > Another option is to approach NetSilicon and, as a customer, persuade them
> > to pay for an eCos port.
>
> We did an internal eCos port on a Net+ARM 50 Development System we received for
> this purpose from NetSilicon [...]

The patch for the Net+ARM 50 is attached. It was tested on the NetSilicon Net+50
evaluation board.

I made a mistake in that I assumed we also had support for the Ethernet
included, but that is not the case, sorry. If required, that additional
Ethernet support can be provided by any of the commercial providers of
eCos support (Navosha, eCosCentric, Mind).

I have made the patch available on our ftp server (ftp.mind.be).

Sincerely,

Peter Vandenabeele

--
Mind: Embedded Linux, eCos and JVM Development in Europe
Mind (http://mind.be)              tel:  +32-16-30.96.66