From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gthomas@ecoscentric.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 12:53 PM
To: Cusson, Pascal
Cc: eCos Discussion
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Ethernet stack question

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 10:49, Cusson, Pascal wrote:
> Hi,
>     According to the documentation, the easiest way to configure my
Ethernet connection is by calling the function
init_all_network_interfaces. Also according to the doc, this call will
configure all TCP/IP parameters such as my address, the gateway, the
mask, etc.

>    My question is, what are the defaults and how do I change them ? I
tried the find the function init_all_network_interfaces() using a grep
without succes. Also when I call the init function, is there a simple
way to make sure everything  was properly initialized ? By looking into
data structure or something ???

This is all set by the CDL, so look in your ecos.ecc file (or
use the ConfigTool).

The default will be to use DHCP to configure the device unless
you (using the CDL) specify a particular address, etc.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |