RE: Ethernet stack question

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 11:55, Cusson, Pascal wrote:
> What I have at this point in time is an Ethernet driver with its hooks
> to eCos. The name I used is "eth0". My Ethernet driver is actually
> compiled part of my code. I did not integrate it in eCos at all besides
> the necessary hooks (as I did with my serial driver).
>
> What I see in the .ecc file is that eth0 is not turned on at all. Is
> there any other way to do this without having to create a eth0 cdl
> package.
>
> if not:
>
>    I looked at the powerpc/quicc driver you wrote. I I understand
> correctly, all I have to do is to copy this template, and create an
> entry in the ecos.db ??? Is that it ?

That's the basic idea.  Ideally, the way to do this is to place your
driver within the ethernet driver area of the main tree.  Then things
can just fall into place.

Remember what eCos stands for - Embedded Configurable Operating System.
Without the proper CDL in place, lots of things will stop working.