Okay,I got everything but configtool.exe built (GUI).

Turns out my previous problem was not having EVERYTHING out of CVS.  I
don't know if I have everything now, but I did a "cvs co host" and that
got a whole bunch of stuff that was missing before.

Anyways, ecosconfig.exe built, but the gui configtool won't build.  All
the dsp and dsw files that ought to open in Visual C++ 6.0 (which I have
installed) complain loudly when I try to open the DSP/DSW files. For
example in ...\host\tools\configtool\standalone\wxwin\ConfigtoolVC.dsp
or any other included dsp or dsw file, I get this error:

"The makefile was not generated with Developer Studio.
Continuing will create a new Developer Studio project to wrap this
makefile. You will be prompted to save after the new project has been
created. Do you want to continue?" [Yes/No].

However the DSP and DSW files look like every other Visual C++ 6 project
file I've ever used. Did something go wonky during CVS checkout of these
text files?

So I tried the makefile.vc, which needs a lot of stuff added to INCLUDE
variable to have a hope of working. Even so, it dies with an error on
one of the #include "this/that/other.hxx" type things.  I don't think
Unix subdirectory structure works inside Visual C++.

I get a lot of errors (no matter what I do) of this sort:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cyg/hal/basetype.h': No such
file
or directory

So I added some more directories to INCLUDE variable, and now I get stuck
here:

C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(21
1) :
 error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(21
2) :
 error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(23
0) :
 error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(23
1) :
 error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal

Okay so VC doesn't like LONG LONG, this is starting to give the clue that I
don't know how to get VC++ to compile this Configtool.exe either the mswin
version or wxwin.

Can anybody help me build Configtool.exe from anoncvs sources?

Warren Postma