Re: Okay,I got everything but configtool.exe built (GUI).

Is there some reason that you are going to all of this trouble, just
to build the tools?  There are pre-built executables available for both
'ecosconfig' and the GUI tool on the web-site.

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 14:12, Warren Postma wrote:
> Turns out my previous problem was not having EVERYTHING out of CVS.  I
> don't know if I have everything now, but I did a "cvs co host" and that
> got a whole bunch of stuff that was missing before.
>
> Anyways, ecosconfig.exe built, but the gui configtool won't build.  All
> the dsp and dsw files that ought to open in Visual C++ 6.0 (which I have
> installed) complain loudly when I try to open the DSP/DSW files. For
> example in ...\host\tools\configtool\standalone\wxwin\ConfigtoolVC.dsp
> or any other included dsp or dsw file, I get this error:
>
> "The makefile was not generated with Developer Studio.
> Continuing will create a new Developer Studio project to wrap this
> makefile. You will be prompted to save after the new project has been
> created. Do you want to continue?" [Yes/No].
>
> However the DSP and DSW files look like every other Visual C++ 6 project
> file I've ever used. Did something go wonky during CVS checkout of these
> text files?
>
> So I tried the makefile.vc, which needs a lot of stuff added to INCLUDE
> variable to have a hope of working. Even so, it dies with an error on
> one of the #include "this/that/other.hxx" type things.  I don't think
> Unix subdirectory structure works inside Visual C++.
>
> I get a lot of errors (no matter what I do) of this sort:
>
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cyg/hal/basetype.h': No such
> file
> or directory
>
> So I added some more directories to INCLUDE variable, and now I get stuck
> here:
>
> C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(21
> 1) :
>  error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
> C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(21
> 2) :
>  error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
> C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(23
> 0) :
>  error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
> C:\cygwin\usr\src\ecos-cvs\ecos\packages\infra\current\include\cyg_type.h(23
> 1) :
>  error C2632: 'long' followed by 'long' is illegal
>
> Okay so VC doesn't like LONG LONG, this is starting to give the clue that I
> don't know how to get VC++ to compile this Configtool.exe either the mswin
> version or wxwin.
>
> Can anybody help me build Configtool.exe from anoncvs sources?
>
> Warren Postma
>

> --

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |